Click to donate $145 READY-TO-EAT CANNED QURBAN: It is for Syrian and Palestinian refugees in remote and difficult areas where either Fresh Qurban is not an option or it is not practical due to lack of infrastructure, electricity etc.
The amount of $145 for Ready-to-Eat Canned Qurban will include around 16-17 cans which is equivalent to 1 sheep/goat. The animals are sacrificed in Australia within the Shariah prescribed timeframe and the meat is cooked and canned in New Zealand. Each can contains around 425g of meat and approximately 16-17 cans equal 1 sheep/goat, after the deboning, cleaning and cooking is done. The Qurban cans are then transported and distributed to the needy. This makes it easy for beneficiaries to consume the food when they want, also making it the most viable solution for refugees in the camps.
Qs. What are the rules for Qurban livestock shares?
1 Sheep or Goat = 1 Qurban
1 Cow = 7 Qurban Shares (One Qurban is 1/7th of the share)
Qs. What day will the Qurban be performed?
Qurbani will take place on the first, second, and third days of Eid. It is advisable to donate your Qurban as soon as you can and no later than the third day of Eid [13th Dhul Hijjah] before Maghrib.
Qs. Is there an admin fee included in the Qurban pricing?
To ensure we continue to maintain the highest quality Qurban practices, a low admin fee is necessary to cover the cost of staff, slaughter, distribution and in case of Canned Qurban the packing and transportation.
Qs. Can you provide more information about Fresh Qurban for Palestine and Syrian refugees?
This year, due to public demand, we are offering a limited number of Fresh Qurban exclusively for Palestinians, Syrian refugees, and in Lebanon. The cost of $295 is higher than the other options due to the difficulty in performing Qurban in these areas and because of the ongoing conflict and crisis.
Click here if you wish to donate Fresh Qurban to other countries for $100.
Qs. How do you select who to distribute the Qurban to?
In every country that we conduct Qurban in, it is distributed to the most vulnerable people; this includes widows, orphans, the elderly, internally displaced persons, and the poor.
Qs. Which countries will MAA be distributing Fresh Qurban in 2019?
Bangladesh, Cameroon, DR Congo, Fiji, India, Kenya, Lebanon*, Malawi, Mozambique, Pakistan, Palestine*, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen and to Syrian refugees*.
* Fresh Qurban for Palestine, Syria and Lebanon is $295 per order.? Click here if you wish to order this.
** List of countries can change depending on various factors.
Qs. How can we be sure that the Qurban is taking place as promised?
- Alhumdulillah, since 1989 we've been succesfully conducting Qurban around the world and each year, we strive hard to continue exceeding the expectations of our donors when it comes to quality, transparency, accountability and reporting.
- MAA staff from Australia travel to monitor our Qurban Program around the world, to ensure that all Islamic requirements are met and to guarantee that your donations make the maximum impact.
- As part of our commitment to be transparent and accountable, we will always share Qurban updates and progress reports with you as they happen either on our website or via email and social media. Please do not forget to Like and Follow our Facebook page, Instagram, and Youtube pages for all updates.
- MAA International is accredited by the Australian Government's Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade [DFAT] and is a full member of ACFID and ACNC. All our projects are monitored and audited. For further information, please view our recently released 2018 Annual Report.